Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.
Weather: Clear skies
DLC Required: None
The central-African nation of Mutambara has been embroiled in a civil war for nearly a year now and it has grown into a full blown humanitarian crisis. IDAP has set up aid station in towns and villages across the country, but the war makes it difficult to get these stations supplied. Our allies set up a coalition to aid IDAP in their work. Their mission OPORD can be read here: COOP: Foreign Aid
After recent shifts in regional power, a local warlord captured an old munitions supply which contained large quantities of mines. To get a leg up on their foes, they have mined many of the roads in the region, as to prevent their movement. This has also caused new issues for IDAP.
The US has decided to join the coalition started by our allies to provide assistance and stability to the region. The 4th Infantry Division has been deployed to the region. We are part of the 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team (Mountain Warrior) with our Engineers to provide assistance to IDAP Aid workers in de-mining the area. We are also tasked with helping deliver some vital supplies to a town which recently was subject to combat.
IDAP EOD Specialists have found an area with a high density of mines, and also marked some other areas causing them troubles, which seem to have been set up recently. This has caused some of their units to be stranded or cut off from their camps.
- 4th Infantry Division, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, US Army
- Platoon, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Engineers, Dagger, MMG, Mortar
- 1x M977A4-B (O-GPK/M2) loaded with IDAP supplies
- 1x M977A4-B (O-GPK/M2/Repair) - 3 seats: 1x driver, 1x gunner, 1x passenger - Repair Truck
- 2x M1132 (SMP/M2) - 10 seats: 1x driver, 1x vehicle commander, 1x troop commander, 8x passenger - Demining Stryker
- 1x M1126 (Mk19) - 10 seats:1x driver, 1x vehicle commander, 1x troop commander, 8x passenger - HGM Stryker
- 3x M1151A1 - 4 seats: 1x driver, 1x co-driver, 2x passenger - reinforcement vehicle
- Local warfighter armed with classic soviet-era stuff.
- They usually move around on foot or via modified civilian vehicles, however, with the recent capture of the ammo depot, they might have something heavier too.
- All villages still have a sizeable amount of villagers, especially those with IDAP camps.
- Civilians have mixed opinions regarding our presence, some are loyal to local warlords while some have been impacted by war and rely on IDAP Aid.
Our unit has been deployed to assist IDAP with demining the roads and help deliver some vital and urgent supplies. We are to escort the supplies to the IDAP Camp in Mutambara while keeping an eye out for any mines on the roads. We are also to keep an ear out for any camps belonging to the local warlords and eliminate them should they be causing trouble for IDAP.
Lastly, should we have the chance, we are to create a new safe corridor through the red zone.
- The most urgent task is to deliver the supplies to Mutambara.
- Gather info from IDAP workers regarding enemy activity.
- Once the supplies have been delivered and IDAP confirms the safety of the roads, we can RTB.
- Due to the sensitive and urgent nature of the supplies, we are to avoid the heavily mined area marked with red on the map with it.
- Due to the risk of mines, the demining Stryker should be in the convoy.
- Heavy risk of mines on the roads. The Western area of the map has more hostile activity as well.
- As our FOB was set up very recently, we have no extra fire support.
- We are to create a safe road route through the red zone between the bigger cities to allow faster aid.
- Any captured hostiles can be left with IDAP.
- IDAP Camps might have some medical supplies if required.
- Resupplies are available at base.
- Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
- Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
- Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
- At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
- Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.