Windows 10

So have you guys tried it yet ?
I’m loving it ! And I love Cortana. Ever since Halo 1. No weird driver issues or games not working so far but im gonne continue testing it :slight_smile:
Hope Windows 10 didnt fuck up ArmA :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ma let the idiots bug test it for me for about 3 months~

You just called Shiny an idiot.

You just called Shiny an idiot.[/quote]

I’m sure he knows. :wink:

I’m sure he knows. ;)[/quote]

Well as JrNCO he is supposed to voice the concerns of the playerbase over to the higher ups, and he just did :smiley:

Or let the pro’s handle the bugs so you can enjoy a fully functioning product ?

See, you ASSUME I called him an idiot. However. Any statistian will tell you there is always an average to human activity. If the average of those that get Windows 10 is an idiot, that does NOT exclude normal people, nor even geniuses! They will just be a statistically smaller portion of the group.

Hence, what I REALLY said was that Shiny has a relatively large chance to be an idiot and a relatively small chance to be average, with a statistically negligble chance of being a genius.

I actually planned this response beforehand, if you can believe it. I knew you or someone else would bite, Chris :wink:

[quote user_id=“137813” avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/137813/avatar/medium.1399923545.png” name=“Kaleo”]See, you ASSUME I called him an idiot. However. Any statistian will tell you there is always an average to human activity. If the average of those that get Windows 10 is an idiot, that does NOT exclude normal people, nor even geniuses! They will just be a statistically smaller portion of the group.

Hence, what I REALLY said was that Shiny has a relatively large chance to be an idiot and a relatively small chance to be average, with a statistically negligble chance of being a genius.

I actually planned this response beforehand, if you can believe it. I knew you or someone else would bite, Chris ;)[/quote]

Hey hey Obi and Anders (points fingers) bit, I just explained something :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote user_id=“137813” avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/137813/avatar/medium.1399923545.png” name=“Kaleo”]See, you ASSUME I called him an idiot. However. Any statistian will tell you there is always an average to human activity. If the average of those that get Windows 10 is an idiot, that does NOT exclude normal people, nor even geniuses! They will just be a statistically smaller portion of the group.

Hence, what I REALLY said was that Shiny has a relatively large chance to be an idiot and a relatively small chance to be average, with a statistically negligble chance of being a genius.[/quote]

No… No… I’m pretty sure you just called him an idiot.

[quote user_id=“4259784” avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/4259784/avatar/medium.1400079666.png” name=“Anders”][quote user_id=“137813” avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/137813/avatar/medium.1399923545.png” name=“Kaleo”]See, you ASSUME I called him an idiot. However. Any statistian will tell you there is always an average to human activity. If the average of those that get Windows 10 is an idiot, that does NOT exclude normal people, nor even geniuses! They will just be a statistically smaller portion of the group.

Hence, what I REALLY said was that Shiny has a relatively large chance to be an idiot and a relatively small chance to be average, with a statistically negligble chance of being a genius.[/quote]

No… No… I’m pretty sure you just called him an idiot.[/quote]
Shhhhh

Let those brave pioneers blaze a path to a glorious bug free future.

My experience with Win10 so far:

• It lasted 15 minutes to boot my pc into a functional state (being able to boot up programs).
  • Can’t run any games whatsoever (with old driver)
  • Tried to update drivers with a clean installation.
  • Installer deleted all the drivers, but didn’t install anything (twice).

10/10 fuck windows 10

Haha your fucked. I got no problems at all so far on my own pc. Some customers do have problems but nothing that cant be fixed.

[justify]Windows 10 is most likely going to be a great operating system, but as always the incompatibility hassles are not worth minor benefits in the first year. I’ll most likely switch from 7 to 10 around the end of 2016 or mid 2017 when it’s stable and most games have been optimised for it.[/justify]

Its only free until August of 2016 so you might wanne rethink that :wink:

(Sometime in August 2016)

1. backup current win7
  2. upgrade to win10
  3. backup win10
  4. restore win7

There. And you can restore Windows 10 when you need it. :slight_smile:

Or download this and activate it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
No need for backing up your old win 7 btw. Windows 10 comes with a tool that you can use to revert your system to the previous system used. Go to start and type in backup. Should show up in the list as revert system to windows X (X being the windows that was installed before upgrading). You dont lose any programs or files doing this upgrading and reverting so your good :slight_smile:

You can only do that the first month after you upgraded.

And that Windows 10 copy is only valid on the computer that you first installed it so if you decide to upgrade anytime soon, you’ll have to buy a new copy of Windows again.

That seems to be true only for OEM licenses, which had the limitation before as well. Retail copies don’t seem to be affected

(to quote one of the sources)