Jeeves' First Impressions + Introduction

Greetings!

Quick Bio:

I am a 17 year old Australian that was born in South Africa. I currently live in Amsterdam.
My hobbies\interests include Gaming, Scuba Diving, Computers, Motorbikes and Rotary Aviation!

[columns]

Rig Specs:

i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz
Asus GTX 780 DirectCU II OC
Asus Maximus VI
Corsair C70 [black] w/ 6 SP\AF 120 fans
H100i w/ 2 SP120 fans
RaidR pci-e SSD
Asus Xonar Pheobus Sound Card
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM [1866 CL9]

[nextcol]

Peripherals:

Razer Mamba @ 1600 DPI
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012
Razer Tiamat 7.1
Razer Scarab
[Yes I know I am a Razer kiddy]
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
MFG Crosswind Pedals [Being Shipped]
TrackIR 5 w/ track clip
[/columns]

My first impression of CNTO:

I was scrolling through ARMAclans with a very specific criteria in mind when I saw CNTO listed, alongside its 21+ tag. I thought to myself: "Wow, looks great- I’ll never make it in though". Hot damn, lucky me. I fondly remember the first time I rode into battle with CNTO as part of an insurgent cell en route to stage an ambush against a US convoy of unknown disposition.

From our elevated and ‘en defilade’ position, I thought it was going to be a simple duck hunt of dismounted and scattered American Motorized troops. My task was simple, relay that the lead vehicle was destroyed to Squad Lead and open up with my RPK when a target presented itself, then, vanish behind the ridge-line and into a nearby town. "Holy shit is that an Abrams!" Rockets streak through the sky, some miss their mark and some simply bounce off the thick armour of the lead vehicle. The angle was bad, the distance was far and the rocket had simply lost too much velocity to penetrate. I hear a larger, louder explosion. I pop my head out to confirm a hit, just in time to see a burst of red tracers arc towards us and slice through my fire-team’s position. This is going to be a tough fight, will I survive? Short answer: No. I watch the bullet that kills me exit the barrel of a Remote Controlled Weapon System mounted on a trailing vehicle. Perfect head-shot.

I am subsequently moved into the ‘Dead Channel’. I hear cries of laughter and disbelief from my fellow unlucky. I notice that my hands have started to shake a little bit, is that adrenaline or fear? [b]

At that moment I knew I had found exactly what I was looking for.[/b]

I’d like to thank all of you for being so welcoming. Now that my probation is over, I am looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield! Hoot!

Well…

Looks like I wont be impressing people any more with my TrackIR 4. Good run?

Definitely glad to have you on board. Oh, and I must say, I love your rendition of what I have come to dub as "The Ambush of Doooom~".

I am so jelly of both of you, doesn’t matter if TrackIR 4 or 5. :LOL:

Nice work on the post Jeeves. I was actually thinking of doing a little post like this everynow and then (once my time schedule calms down a bit), summarising my point of view on how I experienced the operation etc. I like sharing these war stories among the community members, really makes things feel even more complete.

I found it very pleasant to read this (your experience on the battlefield)… this remembers me of a journalists article or some kind of documentary about a soldier :slight_smile: Thank you Jeeves

@Clarke it would be awesome if we had a place in the forums or a Blog where people could leave some stories like this. I don’t know but i think something like this could be also pretty good publicity =)

And Jeeves … nice Rig by the way

Good writing. It was enjoyful to read and at least as nice to hear how new guys experience their first ops. Thank you for being part of us Jeeves hopefully i’ll see you tonight :wink:

Thread moved to the newly created Community Introductions.

From Community Introductions to General Discussions