COOP: Where's Shelly?

Leave feedback, fun stories or any other thoughts below in the thread.

Map: Aliabad Region
Time: 0500
Weather: Lightly foggy
Host: Karl
DLC required: None

The Aliabad Region has not seen a ray of hope in a while. After being host to heavy fighting once during the Soviets’ time in the region, and now more recently during their civil war including western forces, the area has become stricken with poverty and strong anti-war mentality.
An ambitious individual has taken advantage of the situation and has become a warlord in the area. They have attracted a large amount of the locals to their side and have started causing a lot of trouble for our and our ally’s forces by organising terror attacks and IED traps. Due to this they have earned the nickname “Shelly” from us.
Our latest intelligence suggests that they are preparing for an attack of unprecedented scale by working together with the revolutionary army.

Your task is to put a stop to this.

OPORD

I Situation:

We are being inserted behind enemy lines by HMS Proteus. You are to find the warlord “Shelly” in the area. We have seen more activity in some of the larger settlements but we are not sure where their headquarters might be. We also have intelligence that suggests a meeting will be held between the Warlord and a hostile rebel officer. Find any intelligence you can and eliminate the warlord and their operation.

Friendly Forces:

• British SAS (Boat Troop)
  • PLT, A, B, C, MMG, MAT, ENG, DMT, MRT
  • No other allied forces as you are behind enemy lines.
  • Should the situation be on the brisk of total failure, HMS Proteus has limited support via Cruise Missiles.

Assets:

• Platoon Rifleman has a drone and Leads can take HuntIR equipment with them as well.

Enemy Forces:

• Badly trained Tribal Forces with some better trained and equipped extremists (personal army of the warlord).
    The warlord is famous for using IEDs/Explosives and their followers are known to be loyal to the death. High caution advised.

Civilians:

• This is a rural tribal area, high amounts of civilians expected, so caution is advised.

II Mission:

You are to scout the larger settlements for any hostile activity/strongholds and investigate them for intel.
Using any found intel, you are to find and eliminate the warlord and their HQ

III Execution:

Commander’s intent

• Navigate to points of interest and locate any intel.
  • Find the location of the warlord and their HQ.
  • Eliminate the warlord and their HQ, then fall back to evac.

Movement Plan

• Move by foot or capture any civilian/hostile vehicles. Be on the look out for any UXO or IEDs. Down to the discretion of lead.

Fire Support

• You are alone and your own army, you have access to the heavies armaments you can carry. If there are no other options, HMS Proteus has limited Cruise Missiles available.

Optional Tasks

• Intel suggests there might be allied local government forces held prisoner in the area. They might be able to provide support when freed.

IV Administration / Logistics:

Resupplying

• You have been inserted with extra supplies. It is up to you to manage them.

Reinforcements:

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
1 Like

https://priv.carpenoctem.co/cntr/?m=1a419ec6

1 Like

I was Yellow MMG Gunner and had a really good time. This OP was the exact right amount of stressful. That said anytime we were together I noticed Red Team was fucking around, memeing, might not have been the case, but it felt like that. There was also a point where several people got blown up by 1 IED, which is indicative of bad spacing.

Again though, really good time, big ups to Henrik for keeping us going through all that. The last hour-hour and a half of the mission was quite chaotic, but we responded to everything very well imo.

1 Like

Sorry that I had to dip, but some stuff came up. Hope it went well after I left.

Missionvise, I liked where the mission was going until I had to leave.

2 Likes