COOP: The Serbian Link

Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.

Map: Sumava
Time: 01:30
Weather: Clear Skies
Host: @Shadisica
DLC Required: None

A few days ago armed gunmen besieged german embassies in capitals across Europe. The attacks were claimed by Milos Petrovic, a serbian warlord demanding retribution for the death of his family. He claims KSK units killed them during the Kosovo War, Germany continues to deny this.

OPORD

I Situation

Interpol has tracked down Petrovic to a few small villages in Kosovo where he seems to HQ his operation. Due to the sensitive nature of this operation, a European Special Forces Team has been assembled to kill Milos Petrovic and investigate the extent of his operation in Kosovo.

Friendly Forces

• EUSFT: “NOCTIS”
  • PLT, A, B, C, MMG, MAT
  • Transport Helo: “BATTLEBUS”: Standing by on the Mistral in the Adriatic Sea

Assets

• 3x UAZ (open) - 7 seats: 1x driver, 6x passenger
  • 1x UAZ (DSHKM - 3 seats: 1x driver, 1x gunner, 1x passenger
  • 1x ZIL - 13 seats: 1x driver, 12x passenger

Enemy Forces

• Petrovic’s Army seems to identify solely as his private army, no fun 3-letter acronym to fight this time it seems.
  • After talking to some locals of neighboring villages, it seems Petrovic’s Army has a firm grip on the few villages marked by Interpol. They report not having seen or heard from friends or family and that area is heavily occupied by soldiers. A few even reported seeing tanks.

Civilians

• Yes
  • Status of civilians in the objective area is unknown. Assist them if necessary.

II Mission

NOCTIS is to kill Milos Petrovic and disable his operation.

III Execution

Commander’s Intent

• Milos has been confirmed to be within the the area. He won’t leave it.
  • If possible, recover the body, at least take a picture.

Movement Plan

• At PLT’s discretion
  • While Kosovo is currently in a very volatile state, most of the areas held by warlords are relatively stable. The town of Susice is confirmed to be safe for travel.

Fire Support

• None available.

Optional Tasks

• Find out what happened to the civilians in the area

IV Administration / Logistics

Resupplying

• Resupply is available at spawn, no more is available

Reinforcements

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
1 Like

Twas interesting to be Platoon lead again, though as always, I was a bit out of my depth.

Thank you @Mattdogs for guiding me to the right bath with important question and pointers.

The enemy was definitely a bit more punchy than expected on Alphas end. There was also some lack of clarity on the exact expected plan from my lack of experience which caused some extra wounds most likely. Despite this, I think the first few objectives went flyingly, with minimal losses and wasted time. The death of one half of MAT was just unfortunate timing as well.

The last objective went a bit downhill though, with most of the Platoon going down. We got bogged down in the building for too long. Alpha didn’t want to move out of cover due to injuries, but in hindsight we should’ve loaded everyone up and gone back to the forest. Losing the second medic also made things worse there. From there we could’ve help up in hiding or moved to a safer location so we could heal up and either wait out til rescue or received some new target to hit.

Communications on the most part were quite good, except for one moment during the last objective where I’m pretty sure Platoon was shot at by friendlies, as we came from the opposite direction to them and due to sunlight, the IR probes were useless.

Thanks for the op @Shadisica, sorry about your internet.

1 Like

OCAP: OCAP

TS3 Stats: Grafana

1 Like