COOP: Storming Stralsund

Map: Ruegen
Time: 17:20
Weather: Clear
Host: Price
DLC required: None

The premiere has ordered we finalize the capture of Ruegen to solidify our presence in the baltic sea and serve as a launchpad to open a second front in the invasion of germany. Stralsund is the final pocket of NATO resistance

OPORD

** Situation:**

We are a GRU unit near the frontlines. We must control the city of Stralsund by tomorrow.

Friendly Forces:

• Soviet Union forces
  • PLT, A, B, C, DGR, ENG, MAT
  • Artillery Battery “STALINIUM” (3x GRAD rockets(HE)
  • Soviet Tank Brigade

Assets:

• BTR-80a
  • BTR-80
  • T-80 UK
  • Various soft vehicles
  • Mi-8 (transport)
  • Mi-8 (gunship)
    The T-80UK is equipped with the distinctive Shtora-1 Electro-Optical Countermeasure Defensive Aids Suite. The system detects and protects against beam guided anti-tank weapons systems such as the TOW ATGM.

The system consists of two electro-optical dazzlers located on each side of the main gun, four rough laser sensors on the sides of the turret and two precision laser sensors mounted on the front of the turret.

When a laser beam is detected the system will inform the crew with a warning sound; it then turns the turret to face the source of the beam, after which it fires a volley of 3D17 smoke grenades and activates the dazzlers. If the system is in semi-automatic mode the system operates passively and the commander must press the handbrake key (by default X) before the system takes action.

Enemy Forces:

• US NATO garrison
  • Heavily entrenched with TOW missiles, armour, IFVs and heavy machine guns. They may also have a gunship

Civilians:

• No

II Mission:

First objective should be to secure the bridges leading into Stralsund, followed by the citadel, the hospital, the stadium and the airfield.

III Execution:

Commander’s intent

• Take Stralsund

Movement Plan

• At PLT’s discretion

Fire Support

• Conscript Regiments (3x Waves)
  • Artillery Battery “STALINIUM” (3x GRAD rockets(HE)

Optional Tasks

• Remain available for further tasking[/list][/indent]

IV Administration / Logistics:

Resupplying

Supply logistics can be resolved by chopper once AA has been dealt with.

Reinforcements:

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
2 Likes

Well it has been a long time since I had such a difficult OP.

I will not go on the tech difficulties, not my departement at all. And I appreciate that’s a godamn nigthmare to prepare something to see it blow up because of tech limitations.

The opposition was tough, challenging. I don’t know what kind of metal they used on american armors but I think it has a relation with vibranium or adamantium XD. Between the first bridge, the sector 2 with it’s M60 eating rpg rounds like nothing and holding like a certain polish battallion hold the line against the german blitzkrieg (that’s for you Pricepole), the Hospital compound and Terry firing 3 heavy AT RPG rounds on a Bradley and just to see it still firing at us, adding in a Alamo Fort configuration with the infantery attacking from other angles.
Overall the OP was fun, demanding, first time I had to pick the long range so I didnt know if it was working sorry for yours ears if I said something on the wrong channel at the wrong time.
BZ to Red FT and Alpha squad, that’s was a good work.

1 Like