COOP: Stealth Tide

Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.

Map: Vinjesvingen
Time: 00:00
Weather: Hazy with a chance of clouds
Host: @Karl
DLC Required: None

Norway has been invaded and annexed by our enemy who have dug themselves in. After organising forces, a plan was formed up to free the land of hostile presence with the help of local resistance fighters, special operations and eventually a large scale invasion.

OPORD

I Situation

The Norwegian Vinjesvingen valley is an important hub of enemy activity in the region. For the grand operation plans, it is vital to kneecap our enemies ability to operate efficiently in the region. For this our marine raiders have been tasked with infiltrating the area and causing as much destruction as possible, without getting caught through sabotage and raids.
To provide us some aid, the local resistance fighters have promised to launch a diversion

Friendly Forces

• Marine Raider Regiment, USMC/MARSOC
  • PLT, A, B, C, ENG, MMG, HAT, MRT, DMT, AA
  • You’re on your own.

Assets

• 4x Speedboat - 11 seats: 1x driver, 1x commander, 1x rear gunner, 8x passenger - no callsign
  • 6x Assault Boat - 5 seats: 1x driver, 4x passenger - no callsign

Enemy Forces

• Eastern Coalition armed forces.
  • Mixture of infantry, light to medium armour and helicopters.

Civilians

• As it is a somewhat of a rural area, some civilians have stuck around, the area mostly has holiday homes with no permanent residents.
  • Civilians support us and may provide useful intelligence if questioned.

II Mission

Our unit is to sneak in and make a quiet landing in the area, after which you are to hit as many targets as you can before retreating at daybreak.
Speed, agility and efficiency is key.
Our intelligence folks are working hard to capture some intelligence for Platoon to be able to plan ahead more before launching the operation.

III Execution

Commander’s Intent

• Due to lack of intelligence on specific hostile movements and whereabouts, the area can be a bit unpredictable. Order of objectives and movement down to Platoon’s decision.
  • You will be limited in your assets. Use of captured vehicles authorised.
  • Once the sun has risen and a new day has begun, you are to exfil from the area, leaving it in smoke and smoulders.

Movement Plan

• It is recommended to hit targets fast and with precision, in guerilla warfare style.
  • INFIL and EXFIL via your boats, however, HELO extract available should you be able to ensure destruction of hostile AA.
  • Hostiles are dug in, minefields and razor wire could be used in large numbers. Engineers available for demining and wire cutting.

Fire Support

• No fire support available outside Platoon forces.

Optional Tasks

• Capture and interrogation of enemy forces encouraged for intelligence.
  • Free any captured resistance fighters, should they be found.

IV Administration / Logistics

• You are not expected to take any hostile PoWs with you when you RTB.

Resupplying

• Ammo crates available at launching point, should you wish to take them with you.
  • Resistance fighters have stashed some extra equipment in a predesignated position.

Reinforcements

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
2 Likes

OCAP
TS3 STATS

1 Like

In addition to debrief time feedback (TLDR; fewer medium armour, we had so many mass casualty situations and being only a squad made for 3 hours of a hard time).

I knew that going for an objective called “Garrison” would be fatal to many of us and give us an even harder time than we already were having, but it seemed like you were pushing us to go in that direction. Correct me if I’m wrong. What would have been really cool is if we had kept the stealth or surprise element throughout the mission (the dinghys were left quite early into the mission), maybe using both littlebirds for a fast insertion around other objectives.

2 Likes

I did expect more use of vehicles from players during the mission for more rapid movement.

As I had plenty of MANPADS hanging around and you were behind enemy lines, I didn’t think of offering the Littlebirds as a transport option. Also, considering how the AI refused to fly to waypoints this op, it was probably a good thing. I would have had to flown them manually and constantly.

Regarding where I wanted players to go, I honestly did not have any specific intentions or plans other than, a location was attacked, a friendly (to the baddies) location which would send help is nearby. Help is on the way.

1 Like