Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.
DLC Required: None
Shortly after independance from Britain, Altis is taken over by a communuist proxy sponsored by the USSR and has become communism’s foothold in the aegean. Our resistance has been supported by her majesty’s government, but now a soviet naval battalion has landed forces on Altis to end our resistance against the govenrment forces in control. We have been driven to the far western mountains of the island.
According to our contacts in the Royal Navy In a couple of days a soviet missile destroyer will be in range, forcing our insurgency to go to ground, but as of now the soviets are seeking to encircle and crush us swiftly with an overwhelming mechanized assault.
We have approximately 30 minutes Dig in and create a layered defense
Altis Freedom and Independance Army (1970s)
AT Field gun x2, Jeeps, Trucks, Bikes, Ammo Trucks x2
Communist militia supported by USSR batallions. Luckily the Government forces are a disorganized rabble at best, and though the soviets are combined warfare experts they have no heavy artillery at this time. They have plenty of mechanized infantry companies and a few amphibious tanks.
Delay the communist militia and soviets advance for as long as possible, inflicting maximum casualties for every inch of ground ceded. Allow our comrades to disperse into the wilderness to continue the insurgency.
-Create a layered Defense
-Hold Oreokastro until position becomes untenable or flanks begin to collapse
-Retreat to Castle
-Survive/Breech Encirclement if possible. Surrender as a last resort. (Political enemies aren’t treated well)
There are lines of retreat for slow bounding withdrawal to the castle under covering fire from allied firebases, as well as access roads from the castle to Oreokastro for the use of towed AT
Mortar team and field guns
2x Ammo trucks for the field guns/mortars. Fire team crates, medical crates.
- Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
- Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
- Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
- At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
- At predesignated times, an air transport will be sent out to pick up reinforcements from the base.
- At predesignated times, an armed escort vehicle will be sent out to escort reinforcements from the base.
- Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.