Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.
This mission builds on the story of “COOP: North Atlantic Terrorist Organization”, if you want more details about the lore so far, go read it in the war stories thread. A little TLDR:
In the far future, after years and years of civil wars, the once peaceful European nations have convoluted to a new being: North Atlantic Terrorist Organization, or short, NATO. In service of their great leader Jens Stommenberg they try to take over as much land as possible so they can stretch their influence across the remainder of “Europe”.
After our assault on Jens Stommenberg and his North Atlantic Terrorist Organization’s occupation of Stratis, we’ve scared them good. With little to no troops left on the island, they’ve retreated. Now’s our chance to strike back, let’s hit them where it hurts!
We’ve decided that the best way to shake their defenses and push back his influence across Europe, we need to cut off his main forms of communication. This is where Bozcaada comes in, he uses the Turkish island as his main source of telecommunication, everything passes through there, let’s go break it.
With everything we’ll learn today, we might find a way to locate Stommenberg himself and end his tyranny forever!
- Counter-Stommenberg Alliance Treaty
- Task Force Noctem
- PLT, A, B, C, ENG, DAG, MAT, MMG
- 4x Tigr - 5 seats: 1x driver, 1x gunner, 3x passenger - no callsign
- 1x BTR-60 - 3 seats: 1x driver, 1x gunner, 1x commander - callsign “Dagger”
- North Atlantic Terrorist Organisation
- These guys are less armored than the ones that captured Altis, but since this is a big base of operations for them, they have other means to defend themselves.
- USA Army
- Possibly (multiple) enemy hinds
- Armored vehicles
- The opportunity to defend and trap any trespassers
- Reinforcements from their HQ should it be necessary
- Unknown, possibility exists that in the town there is a small civilian population.
We are dropping you off on the military airbase on the westside of the island, with only two goals: neutralize the enemy activity enough that we can gather enough intel and destroy any means of enemy communication.
From our limited information, we’ve noticed that there are two hotspots of activity on the island, a smaller military outpost and the buildings south east of it. We’re sure that the military outpost acts as the first line of defence, but they won’t know we’re coming, stealth is a possible advantage here. Unfortunately, we can’t disguise your presence forever, so enjoy it while it lasts.
The town is where most of the units come to relax, take a nap and overall live. From the intel we’ve gathered, we did not spot any civilian activity, but it could definitely be possible that there are some locals living here, caution is adviced.
Afterwards, the last piece of intel we’ve gathered is that there are three main communication sources on the island, we also know that these three need to be dismantled in the correct order, since doing it any other way would alert outside reinforcements. Do not fret, we know the first piece of intel will be in the general direction of the churches in the center of the map (careful here for possible traps). Afterwards, the additional intel will be on location itself.
- Neutralize enemy forces on the southside of the island.
- Optional: Secure any civilians if they are present (careful, there might be sympathizers among them).
- Gather intel on the churches/graveyard.
- Destroy the three points of communication in the correct order.
- Up to PLT, based on the intel received.
- Fire support is present in the form of Dagger (BTR-60)
- Be on the lookout for intel that will tell us more about Jens Stommenberg’s possible location, so we might be able to use that in the future.
- Resupply is available for all elements, will be delivered upon reinforcement reinsert
- Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
- Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
- Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
- At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
- At predesignated times, an air transport will be sent out to pick up reinforcements from the base.
- At predesignated times, an armed escort vehicle will be sent out to escort reinforcements from the base.
- Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.