COOP: Painting Livonia Black, Yellow And Red

Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.

Map: Livonia
Time: 0900
Weather: Clear Skies
Host: @Shadisica
DLC Required: Contact

Belgium and Poland are performing an exercise together. Belgian forces will be performing the role of OPFOR and attempt to cripple Polish capabilities in Livonia.

OPORD

I Situation

While a special forces team moves in on the enemies C&C centres, we are to cause a distraction by capturing and holding the Mustadagrad industrial complex.

Friendly Forces

• Belgian Armed Forces
  • PLT, A, B, C, NB1, NB2, MAT

Assets

• 2x WY-55 Hellcat (1x DAR - 1x DAGR) (Callsign Nightbird)

Enemy Forces

• Livonian Regiment of the Polish armed forces

Civilians

• Yes
  • Civilians are to be detained

II Mission

We are to capture and hold the Mustadagrad Industrial Area and hold it while our SFG goes after the enemy’s command chain.

III Execution

Commander’s Intent

• Capture and Hold Mustadagrad

Movement Plan

• Your only vehicles are helicopters, assume there are SHORADs at the objective and plan accordingly.

Fire Support

• None Available.

Optional Tasks

• Detain all civilians and avoid any civilian casualties

IV Administration / Logistics

• PoWs are to be treated humanely, any unnecessary violence directed at civilians will result in an immediate mission failure.

Resupplying

• Resupply is available at base.
  • Medevac is possible, 14th Medical Battalion has deployed a field hospital at base.

Reinforcements

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, an air transport will be sent out to pick up reinforcements from the base.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
5 Likes

https://priv.carpenoctem.co/cntr/?m=a6ce46e0

1 Like

Great op despite the shit performance, the end really carried the performance ruined beginning half for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Amazing op start to finish Shadisica

3 Likes

Cut my PTS short because of time restraints, so I’m posting it here instead.

Feedback to leadership/alpha from my POV:

• Wish we had called out contacts on the radio a bit more.
  • Wish we had used to hill to take down the AA cannons instead of going sector to sector. Perhaps this was done by some other element? Either way, I felt bad for the air support getting shot at :frowning:

Now for some lovebombing:
Alpha Red did really well. We all stepped up when shit hit the fan: Covering angles, taking initatives, holding formations beautifully and acting on orders promptly. I’d love to play with all of you again!

Alpha Yellow, when I took command of Alpha you listened and didn’t hesitate. Well done.

Thank you @Arba and @Henrik for steering us through the chaos.
Thank you to all medics. Wish CNTR had statistics on how many liters of blood were used today.

@Shadisica thank you for an absolutely amazing OP. I’m still coming off the adrenaline rush and I think I just fell in love with ARMA again.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed this operation. Defending the Alamo building in the valley proved to be pretty difficult but also well coordinated and the exfil was assisted by some really well skilled helicopter flying.

I think when we disembark a vehicle such as a humvee, we should immediately spread out a bit further in order to mitigate any possible AT attack (note to self).

I’m having some trouble finding the right balance between spreading out and keeping 360 security on one hand and not losing my teammates when we suddenly decide to move somewhere on the other. Buddying up, looking over my shoulder and also good inter fireteam communications should improve that over time.

5 Likes

I’m having some trouble finding the right balance between spreading out and keeping 360 security on one hand and not losing my teammates when we suddenly decide to move somewhere on the other. Buddying up, looking over my shoulder and also good inter fireteam communications should improve that over time.

I know what you mean. A few years back we changed from STHUD to DUI and when doing this we lost about 10m of visibility to friendlies on the radar (https://forum.cnto-arma.com/t/dui-squad-radar-setup/9274/5?u=koffer.
I checked this afternoon, and the “50 m” radar we have set is actually the maximum value of the mod. In reality, friendlies fade of really quick at between 45-49m and are invisible at 50m on the radar. In the old STHUD friendlies were still fully visible at 50m and faded to 55-60m (idk, because I never tested).

I feel like a slightly larger radar could definitely help to keep track of a FT easier while keeping good spacing (especially when it’s larger than 4 people), but currently there are no simple ways to do it.

2 Likes

Absolutely loved this op, and who doesn’t like to play as the Belgian forces!