Coop - Homecoming

Please leave feed back, stories or videos about the event here.

While my full length recording gets uploaded, you may find video evidence of my fireteam’s ability to deal with convoy situations in this following highlight.

http://media.lastmikoi.net/player/20170505-CNTO-COOP_Homecoming-Highlight-Professional-Convoyeering.mp4

You know how much i love this mission and the excitement i had to replay this beauty!

The Fps problem killed all the fun instantly…
I have a decent machine, normaly around 60 fps. Changed settings while mission to lowest with minimum view-distance, gave me 2 more fps…

Sry it was just unplayable for me like this!

Mission itself is just a fucking burner: tense, hard, different, cool, crazy :wink:

Thx for bringing it back up

[user avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/3602631/avatar/small.1411590107.jpeg” name=“Shiny”]3602631[/user] , look into DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released - ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE - Bohemia Interactive Forums (see the video on the link) … we have used it in CNTO in some missions and even though it didn’t gain widespread adoption, it could be good for the Homecoming mission.

Also alter the channel randomization code - don’t run it on JIP / respawn and place the teleport on JIP module near the respawn marker.

Full-length recording: http://media.lastmikoi.net/player/20170505-CNTO-COOP_Homecoming.mp4

52 minutes in "our luck will run out at some point"
54 minutes in: your extract explodes

DAC was in our modset a long while ago. I will update the mission this week and run some tests. We can do another run next month :slight_smile:

Please leave feed back, stories or videos about the event here!

I hope you enjoyed the mission guys. Way to much work went into tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

I am just documenting here for the future generations that I made it through and destroyed armor with a stolen RPG while at it.

Thoroughly enjoyed this mission, always nice to have something that shakes up the "go here, shoot bad guys" routine. Think should we ever replay this (for what, the 4th time?) there are tweaks that could make it better. Obvious one was a bug, being able to pick up a map which some weren’t able to. I also think the mission would be better with unit markers turned off. Another potential would be to either switch the MH-6’s to AH-6’s (or a mix of the 2) so Nightbird is more there to support people than to extract

I left BFT on for the reason so you guys could find maps and then find each other, but for some of us the script that deleted your inventory kept running. Will fix the script and if you guys want turn BFT off.
The other thing is, I am thinking to replace the littlebirds with a more supportive role. Being one of those huge airships with thermals and multiple different board canons. It can then fly around and support the troops using the long range. Not sure if that would make it fun but definitely something else!
Thanks everyone for playing. From the sky it looked amazing and the great RP with the CDTO troups was awesome.

I think turn it off, would make more sense. What you could do is have some enemies or supply dumps that contain flairs we can shoot up, for example. So it’s a bit of a risk/reward thing, where we can attract helos and enemies at the same time.