Coop: Dragon Rising

Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.

Map: Tanoa
Time: 06:45
Weather: Foggy, forecast clean
Host: @Seb
DLC Required: Apex

The Imperialists have commited a terrible mistake! Their cruel island hopping campaign ends here.

OPORD

I Situation

The Imperalists on Tuvanaka have become too stretched thin, and have been forced to move critical F-22 aircraft to the island without an inadequate defence infrastructure

This provides an opportunity for our elite commandos to destroy their aircraft whilst they sit on the deck at the airport!

The enemies have constructed two outposts on the island: One is jamming our comms in the area, and one is a combined radio and radar station for them. We don’t know exactly which is which.

Enemies will be able to react more swiftly to your movements whilst the radio station is active.

We need to destroy their radio and radar station to destroy their anti-air ability and bring in air-support. Comms will be disrupted until you destroy the jammer tower.

Friendly Forces

• People’s Liberation Army
  • PLT, ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, MMG, MAT, HAT, MAA, ENG, MORTAR, DMT

Assets

• Boats for insertion
  • Once radar threat is dealt with, air support can be called in.

Enemy Forces

• Infantry, light vehicles and helicopters.

Civilians

• In the towns on the island the cruel imperialst occupy their homes
  • The civilians await our glorious liberation
  • Avoid civilian casualties

II Mission

• Destroy radar & radio station
  • Destroy aircraft, and vehicles at enemy airbase

III Execution

Commander’s Intent

• Commander’s discretion

Movement Plan

• Attacking the airbase first is probably bad idea

Fire Support

• Once you have destroyed the enemy radar, friendly aircraft will begin operating in the area. They will be supporting you but not available for specific tasking.

Optional Tasks

• Destroy radio jammer

IV Administration / Logistics

Resupplying

• Standard resupply array
  • Getting supplies to the island via aircraft may require destroying the radar so helicopters can bring supplies for you

Reinforcements

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements. After the radar is destroyed, air inserts may be possible
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
3 Likes

OCAP: OCAP
Stats: Grafana

3 Likes

Hill hopping was super fun! Great use of the terrain Seb I loved it

2 Likes

I was yellow FTL and had a horrible experience this OP, where do we even begin?

First of all - I have little to no bad feedback regarding the OP itself, but here are a few points:

• FPS at the very beginning were horrible, it got slightly better as the OP progressed.
  • No dedicated element with AA capability, despite aerial threats being present, AA gear wasn’t listed either
  • Engagement distances were a bit too high despite not having access to medium/high powered scopes

So, what went wrong then if mission wasn’t the issue?

Firstly, the discipline, or rather, the lack of it. The screwing around was off the charts, the mic spam was unbearable, I won’t list the names, you know who you are.

There was no game plan, yellow team had to take matters into their hands 80% of the time, and yet, despite that, we had orders conflicting with our intent (ordering to move when the team is OOA, ordering us to setup on the left side of the leader, exposing ourselves to enemy fire). We were blind, and I felt I had to take the initiative more than the leaders, it reminded me of Generation Kill in all the ways it went wrong.

Radios are crutches, without them we can’t play, or rather, we’re not willing to work around it. Just as simple as that.

Speaking of proximity chat, I have witnessed good and bad habits, the good one being members of yellow team repeating orders after FTL and forwarding them down the line, however, that is a short lived victory as that was all muted by all the mic spam and lack of discipline.

Anyway, i’m already sick of re-living this memory here are some hot shots:

• 2/4 of yellow were down behind a fence, instead of waiting we were sent ENG to cut it under fire

• Found Yellow AAR leading shots for DMT Gunner

• Found undisclosed Yellow member bleeding out 200 meters from the compound we were occupying trying to engage a vehicle alone

• Refusal to follow direct commands on several occasions (Platoon wide)

• 2x Medics treating one guy with minor injuries while others are in unstable conditions

• Mic spamming “MORTARS MORTARS MORTARS MORTARS MORTARS” over short range when taking fire from… 40mm

• Engineers performing a “controlled explosion” with friendlies around causing damage and delay.

• Looting scopes

• Shooting friendlies, on purpose

That wasn’t fun, in fact that was a horrible way to begin a working weekend, I’m ashamed this was our “flagship” OP and our newest recruit Gucio was there to witness it.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you had a bad time Sagu.

I will say some of what you say does not surprise me. When radios are taken away it often leads to a lot more chaos in Alpha especially. This was one of the reasons I went in DMT after a busy day. On 152 (after radios worked again) I cannot be sure if people actually refused PLT commands. I do know that they several times were not followed, but idk if it was refusal or inability that caused that.

What does surprise me is hearing that people are looting scopes or intentionally shooting friendlies. This is straight up against our community rules and everyone should know this.

As DMT I did have a good time and liked the op. The only thing I disliked was how good the enemy was at spotting us. I know we’re not always the sneakiest. But DMT did actually try and several times I was very surprised they spotted us (especially with the fog). Maybe in hindsight I don’t mind so much, but it’d have been nice to know going in that the AI would be much harder than almost all other ops, as I’d have moved more carefully (especially at the start when DMT got wiped).

4 Likes

From PLT perspective I had no insight on what was exactly happening on a fireteam level, so reading this is surprising to me. Orders were mostly followed and acknowledged by the SLs. In the few cases orders werent followed iirc it was during engagements, and considering our radio issues through most of the OP its understandable if they missed some. Overall I’m happy how the OP went considering the major communication issues and AI difficulty. Credit to the SLs and Fireteam leads for doing most of the heavy lifting.

2 Likes

Sorry if people found my voice level annoying, not that used to leading and just turned up the volume when the jamming started. After that, I forgot about it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like