COOP: Desert Raiders

Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.

Map: Takistan
Time: 05:00
Weather: Clear to cloudy
Host: @Karl
DLC Required: None

The US SOCOM has deployed a MARSOC force to the region of Takistan to assist our allies by providing training and security, of the FOB Airbase and it’s nearby region if required.
After

OPORD

I Situation

We have received key intelligence of enemy activity warning us of an imminent attack on the Airfield FOB which is used to run all of the operations in our region of Takistan.
Based on our intelligence, the hostiles have received a sizable delivery of armaments and equipment in preparation of the large attack and this is all being overseen by a top level officer of their organisation.
As we have caught this information early, we have planned a raid based on the intelligence to prevent this attack from being launched.

Friendly Forces

• US SOCOM MARSOC Marine Raiders.
  • Platoon Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Medium Machinegun, Medium Anti-Tank, Engineers, Sniper Team, Designated Marksman Team, Mortar, Nightbird
  • Friendly FOB Secured by allied forces.

Assets

• 2x M1165A1 GMV (SAG-2/M2/M240) - 5 seats: 1x driver, 1x co-driver, 1x gunner, 1x rear gunner, 2 x passenger, 4x external passenger - no callsign
  • 2x M1165A1 GMV (SAG-2/Mk19/M240) - 5 seats: 1x driver, 1x co-driver, 1x gunner, 1x rear gunner, 2 x passenger, 4x external passenger - no callsign
  • 2x M1165A1 GMV (SAG-2/M134D/M240) - 5 seats: 1x driver, 1x co-driver, 1x gunner, 1x rear gunner, 2 x passenger, 4x external passenger - no callsign
  • 1x AH-6M Little Bird - 2 seats: 1x pilot, 1x co-pilot - callsign “Nightbird” CAS
  • 1x MH-6M Little Bird - 10 seats: 1x pilot, 1x co-pilot, 8x passenger - callsign “Nightbird” Transport
  • 5x MRZR 4 - 5 seats: 1x driver, 5x passenger - Reinforcement/Recon Buggies
  • 1x M1152A1 RSV - 5 seats: 1x driver, 1x co-driver - Reinforcement Resupply Car

Enemy Forces

• Takistan Insurgency with possible corrupt/turncoat Takistan National Army forces. Mostly older Soviet equipment or technicals.

Civilians

• Civilians present in region.
  • Mixed opinions of us, recommended to avoid them.

II Mission

Our Intel points to a few specific locations where we believe the enemies to be storing their equipment and mustering troops, but we also are aware of some low priority locations which are not our main targets, but prepare for potential hostile QRF. We are to strike the hostile HQ, IED Factory and Depot and cause them as much damage as you can. Keep an eye out for their officer who is our HVT. Taking them down is essential, hopefully the HQ might have some information on their movements.

III Execution

Commander’s Intent

• Using speed and firepower, strike hostile objectives and do as much damage as possible.
  • Movement is down to Platoon.
  • Once the objectives have been hit and HVT found, RTB.

Movement Plan

• Getting into enemy territory might be a bit tough due the mountains causing chokepoints.
  • Vehicle choice is down to Platoon.
  • We believe hostiles to use IEDs in one mountain pass and have some troops present in the other.

Fire Support

• CAS through NB.

Optional Tasks

• Gather any found intelligence.
  • Destroy any found enemy assets.

IV Administration / Logistics

• Our allies promised to deal with any PoWs, but mark them on the map.

Resupplying

• Ammo resupply through FOB, or reinforcement vehicle.
  • Medevac through NB.

Reinforcements

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
  • At predesignated times, an air transport will be sent out to pick up reinforcements from the base.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
1 Like

OCAP
Not sure how to get Stats

1 Like

Some of my own feedback or thoughts:

I would REALLY love if we could be a bit more organised with our slot up and planning procedure. Part of this is definitely on mission makers to set up their missions in advance, to give players a chance to see what is going on and leave feedback/thoughts/requests to the GM to consider. Additionally, GMs should try to make their OPs be lower player number friendly too if possible, so we wouldn’t have to mess around with trying force our platoon structure to morph into some hybrid system to allow more elements or whatnot.

But also, I feel like our platoon leaders should feel free to be more confident with what they want and tell people to take those slots and maybe even force an order of what is filled (i.e. we cannot take DMT unless we have full alpha), though that last one I do not like as it gets closer to forcing people into slots instead of us having a free pick structure.

I do not know what would be actual good points to improve here, but it is something that we keep running into and causing time wasting issues every now and then.

2 Likes

OCAP: OCAP
Stats: Grafana

1 Like