COOP: Curtain Call

Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.

Map: Takistan
Time: 18:00
Weather: Cloudy
Host: @Nez
DLC Required: None

Two rival factions wage war between each other in the Takistan mountain range.With the funding from the Russian federation PMC GROM is sent in to help the TNIP win this side of the war.

OPORD

I Situation

PMC Grom has been deployed in takistan, our FOB base in Sagram is set up and we are ready to overtake the government. If we will be swift Takistan goverment will be ours in matter of days

Friendly Forces

• PMC GROM
  • TNIP
  • Platoon, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, MAT, MTR, DGR,

Assets

• 6x Kamaz-5350 1x driver, 16x passenger
  • 1x BTR-80A 1x driver, 1x gunner, 1x commander, 7x passenger
  • 3x Tigr 1x driver, 1x gunner, 7x passenger

Enemy Forces

*Takistan national army
*Rival insurgency

Civilians

• Yes

II Mission

*Await further orders on base

III Execution

Commander’s Intent

*Minimal casualties

Movement Plan

• No splitting up of units further away than eye sight range.
  • Platoon’s discretion.

Fire Support

• 2x mortars (self pickup)
  • 3x D-30A artillery (Last option as to not indicate the location of our base)

Optional Tasks

IV Administration / Logistics

Resupplying

• Resupply on base.

Reinforcements

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.
1 Like

CNTR: CNTR - Carpe Noctem Tactical Recap

TS3 Stats: Grafana

2 Likes

Had a great time, admittedly the hilarious situations that came out were fun. Need that video of the torch light @Guy .

Also, gotta learn how to push through by actually pushing past the blockade, unlike we did :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Actually the mission itself was really fun. I enjoyed it pretty much, and IF I have to find something that actually got in my way… it probably was the low FPS during defense of the FOB Gua… whatever. But even then I enjoyed shooting everything I had at the convoy. @Nez please bear in mind that multiple vehicles/bodies might cause FPS to drop down, and not all people have the good PCs.

1 Like

Was this the one where our BTR was immobilized?

1 Like

Dagger gets immobilised pretty much all the time :sweat_smile: but yes, when we thought of replacing all 8 wheels

1 Like

On a more serious note though, was maybe a rough call from me to end the mission but I was too tired to get us out of yet-another-nasty-situation.

For the next time @Nez, just keep in mind that it does take us at the very least 30 minutes to clear an enemy base or whatever is not just a bunch of empty houses. There’s planning to do, getting there, the usual mass cas to deal with (ain’t never skipping on that) and then the actual clearing. When you gave us the last 2 objective it was already some time past 22 and it was easily foreseeable that we would barely get them done.
So as a rule of thumb, if it’s 22:50 give us a smaller objective (i.e. the Takistani base was successfully destroyed by arty so no need to go there anymore). There was some debating around no hard end time being established but it also happened in the past that people would complain or straight up leave because it was too late, and thus miss the debrief which is still part of the mission.

1 Like

Im pretty sure the low fps was caused by the base itself, but yeah ill try sneakily cleaning up bodies next time

Manually aimed to miss -mortars are lame, set a random spread. Somebody needs to die every now and then for them to be scary, it feels really stupid to not have to worry about the explosions around you.

3 Likes

Yeah i made a target for the mortars and gave them a fire mission and made a decent spread so all the shots went random

2 Likes

Yellow lost Donka to the mortars in the first objective, and we had another death on the base defence (I forget who it was), which could easily have been 2 if not for some lucky wake-ups from uncon.

We would’ve had a lot more deaths had we not taken good cover every time, we just got unlucky twice.

So I didn’t think the mortars were used too aggressively or too passively, balance was pretty good for me.

In general for me the whole op felt very good except the attack on the mosque town. I don’t know why we sat on the same spot on a hill for 15 minutes firing tracers at 1 guy 500 meters away on a hill that nobody could hit, but who also was no threat to anybody actually assaulting the city. I was just waiting for mortars to land on us on that hill (as we’d fired a lot of tracers from it). If we’d moved in a minute or two after the initial contact with the city died down, we would’ve had time to finish the last objective as well. So I don’t fully agree with @Henrik 's criticism that the objectives were too ambitious for the last 1,5 hours. (thx for stepping up though <3 u)

3 Likes

Yeah probably a bit of miscommunication between PLT and Alpha. On our side we were busy watching MAT shoot rockets at a bunker as well as coordinating mortar + arty fire which took some time. Wasn’t really aware that you people were sitting ducks, that’s a good feedback point.

Sorry that was my bad, I had too much fun shooting with the sniper rifle with @Sagu laughing and forgot i can mortar your asses to move. I did infact fire rpgs at the bunker, but i guess that did no effect