COOP: And The World Keeps Turning

Leave mission feedback, videos or fun stories below in the thread.

Map: Columbia
Time: 10:00
Weather: Clear Skies
Host: @Shadisica
DLC Required: None

The La Fuerda Cartel has increased it’s grip on the Columbian government exponentially over the past year. They act with total impunity and without mercy. After the past year of columbian cocaine flooding european markets, the EU has approved a small, precise series of operations into columbian territory to cripple the cartel’s capabilities.

OPORD

I Situation

We will be performing the first in a series of strikes. Our task will be to intercept a massive shipment before it can reach foreign markets.

Friendly Forces

• Belgian Armed Forces, Bataljon Bevrijding, 5 Linie.
  • PLT, A, B, C, MMG, DGR

Assets

• 5x Prowler (Unarmed) - 6 seats: 1x driver, 5x passenger
  • 3x Prowler (HMG) - 5 seats: 1x driver, 1x gunner, 3x passenger

Enemy Forces

• La Fuerda Cartel
  • Significantly armed, fairly well structured and organized, access to technicals.

Civilians

• Yes
  • Civilians live under the Cartel’s rule, they’re more scared of them than us currently.

II Mission

Intel suggests the cartel has gathered a large shipment at a nearby bushstrip and are planning to export it tonight, we are to capture the strip before they get a chance to load up their planes and export it.

III Execution

Commander’s Intent

• Capture and clear the Catalina airstrip

Movement Plan

• At PLT’s discretions

Fire Support

• A secondary NATO force is ready to hold any captured positions.

Optional Tasks

• Kill or capture any high-ranking Cartel lieutenants.

IV Administration / Logistics

• POWs are to be reported for pickup by the secondary force

Resupplying

• Resupply available at base and can be called in by logistics team PELICAN.
  • MEDEVAC Helo available.

Reinforcements

• Reinsertions will be on the hour every hour and be adhered to strictly, no deviation is allowed.
  • Reinsertions are the same for all, including vehicles teams.
  • Platoon Commander has a one time reinsertion wild card at his disposal, call this in through HQ.
  • At predesignated times, reinforcements will be sent out of the base in the smallest transport vehicle which can hold reinforcements.
  • Upon insertion to the AO, reinforcements should stick together until regrouping with the main force in the AO.

I’m going to draw up a tactical plan for this OP, I’d like to know a few things before I get my teeth into it.

A) Does the BAF J2 Cell have any ISTAR elements that would have any info on possible fortifications on the Catalina airstrip?

B) What vehicles will Dagger be utilizing? I’m assuming a Prowler (HMG) as stated above but I just would like to clarify.

C) Does the J2 Cell have any target packs regarding the high-ranking cartel members that we can use to PID and prioritize targets?

2 Likes

A) recon has been performed to the best of our ability, we can not risk performing aerial recon as the Columbian government has not sanctioned this operation, so we do not have access to a proper airfield. However, on the ground recon has shown that while the main roads into town are usually covered by mobile HMGs, the only real fortification is at the airfield.

B) Dagger is made available for the Prowlers in case you want to dedicate some people to those permanently.

C) High ranking members are not easily recognizable between the regular sicarios.

A map showing all major cartel positions:

A close-up of Catalina:

2 Likes

Right, Ladies and Gentlemen and Shad

After a while of planning, I have come up with a pretty simple plan to approach, assess, and eliminate the cartel members currently inhabiting the town of Catalina (OBJ STARDUST).

PRELIM MOVS

• Platoon, Alpha, and Dagger will be in a convoy of 4x Prowlers (1 Unarmed and 3 HMG) as shown in the picture below.

• The route to the Drop Off Point (DOP) will be taken as seen on your maps.

• The time of departure will be 1015hrs

• The location of the DOP is marked on your maps (Grid 104 003)

• Actions On arrival at DOP - ALPHA squad are to provide 360 protection for DGR to mount a recce of the town (as seen on the map)

• Signal to Move - a convoy mount-up followed by the lead vehicle stating speed and distance.

• Actions On
    Breakdown - Call out to lead vic to stop the convoy, Dismount the vehicle, and consolidate the remaining troops into another vehicle.
    Ambush - Push through at full speed, rear vic is to inform lead vic when they have cleared the ambush.
    En at DOP - Immediate convoy halt, troops dismount and eliminate En threat.

ROUTE OUT

• See map below

There are three possible ambush locations marked A, B, and C. Make your drivers aware of the Actions on Ambush and the location of potential ambush points.

• OOM - ALPHA (Red F/T), PLT, DAGGER, ALPHA (Yellow F/T)

• Speed and Distance - Speed and distance are 60Kph and 100M respectively and are to be adhered to.

RECCE GROUP

• DAGGER will break off from the DOP once 360-degree protection has been completed and maintained. Once on the move DAGGER will follow and keep to the northern treeline (as seen on the map) until they are at OP1, once DAGGER has a chance to spot targets and feed PLT and ALPHA information on the ground
  • Tasks - DAGGER is tasked with spotting any substantial cartel threats and marking them on the map immediately.
  • Time on Task - DAGGER will be allotted 15 minutes to conduct a recce of OBJ STARDUST by using cover throughout the open space to the west.
  • Arcs - From OP1, Left Arc of 50 Degrees Right Arc of 120 Degrees. No fire should be outside those arcs.
  • Actions On
    Contact - Contact PLT and return fire
    En Pre-Seen - Mark on map, contact PLT.
    Casualties - Contact PLT, withdraw west, and regroup with PLT medic.

OCCUPATION

• ALPHA squad and PLT once DAGGER has finished their recce will head east through the forest on the route marked on the map to the FRV. ALPHA will engage the small militarised compound to the south of the town (OBJ GATEWAY).

• Once ALPHA has captured and is holding OBJ GATEWAY, PLT will reconvene on ALHPA Pos with all vehicles, redistribute ammunition and medical supplies, and prepare for the push north into OBJ STARDUST.

• ALPHA will have access to their HMG prowlers for the attack on OBJ STARDUST but due to the size and compactness of the town they are discouraged.

POINTS OF NOTE

• To the east of OBJ STARDUST there are two possible locations of cartel activity, they are both advantageous to the enemy and will be treated as hostile until proven otherwise.

• To the South West of OBJ GATEWAY there is a small town, no known cartel activity has been reported, and is most likely civilian in nature but at the moment it is to be treated as UNKNOWN and avoided.

• All map markers used to mark the enemy must use NATO Symbology to keep any confusion of enemy elements to a minimum and for maximum SA.

Good luck and I hope to see you on the battlefield. :saluting_face:

4 Likes

https://priv.carpenoctem.co/cntr/?m=331e5741

2 Likes

Fun mission. Great balancing between us an the enemy.

Good tac plan/leading by @Garf

Good battle flow…etc

2 Likes

If it’s not dagger, call it something else. At best (like this time) it feels a little odd, but at worst it will confuse people (like when sagu called an artillery gun a dagger).

1 Like

While I agree it can cause confusion for those who have not had a chance to properly see the OPORD, I’m not sure what else to call it. Maybe use the other names that we have for cases of multiple Dagger like vehicles?

1 Like

For the Belgian faction I’ve used “Minerva” before, as a light vehicle crew. Though I think I had them using full rifles then.

(Minerva being an old belgian automobile manufacturer)

1 Like