Co-op: Fools on Parade

Give your feedback, what you liked, what you didn’t.

Really more of a tiny OCD but I made a grassland camo that performs especially well in Everon we could have used instead.

Also people had mediterranean backpacks and squad leads mediterranean helmets.

Something really weird happened:

[youtube]BcEU09ZzrAY[/youtube]

Overall enjoyed the mission although I have a few things to point out: vehicles could have been a terrific threat to us but the only medium armour got quickly destroyed (nice shot [user avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/16434735/avatar/small.1655480570.png” name=“Tropical”]16434735[/user]) because it simply followed the road and we were more than ready to shoot once in a good position, next time maybe let the MAV last longer and make more damage, it would have added a lot more danger to the action which was a bit unsatisfying as I spent more time at my binoculars than using my rifle.

Thanks for putting up a mission so quickly!

I will not evaluate this mission if is good or bad, just will write "my story".

Today I was littlebit unlucky. First what happened was that Battleye 2x in row blocked ace and in third case it "just" blocked ace_medical but it letted me connected on server. So I was at the end happy that I joined like 1 minute before going to action. Second thing was that FTL disconnected and than I became FTL from AAR first time ever - so bc i missed the briefing bc Ace, i tought it s more Ambush than holding bunkers so I wanted stay in woods with blue team as the bunker was for me "open field". Was glad to see FTL few minutes later back in game :). Im quite sure I would attend some training for FTLs :slight_smile:
From bunker position we spotted enemies 700-1100m far away and it was not possible to see them without binoculars at all, bravo had it more difficult us enemies run on them.
Few minutes later I had some fun with M113 and later had been send for supplies. Problem was that I saw one M113 to drive around and tought it s the only one there and understood it like there is another M113, near the supply create :). So with the help of minimap I found myself on map and got into city where the supplies was, but there was no M113 :smiley: so I checked some cars around city bc to walk back looked really bad in that moment. So than I walked as all cars was locked. And when i was like in 1/3 on way back, so i got order to join with M113 so there was a run back to the city :D. About 60 minutes later I joined blue team again :). (with two rockets which were probably not compatimle for the launcher :))
I will skip one dead to other one in M113. I did turn out bc there is nothing to see almost when turned in vehicle. I assumed either they will got us with RPG or we will got them, surprisingly I met headshot from UAZ mounted MG :). Im sorry to gunner as I should not drive so quick - I just assumed the RPG and about the UAZ MG had no idea.
Luckily died 5 minutes and 20 minutes before respawns and with only one enemy dead. (Btw, can somebody explain how to see the steam statistics some other game or here ?)
But generally i had fun as I did things what did not before :slight_smile: - for example shooting at enemies with locked rifle and trying to clean non-existing jam at the end of mission :D)
Hope to not reapeat some epic fails in future from today :slight_smile:

I am very happy you guys enjoyed the mission!

[user avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/9116490/avatar/small.1400145727.png” name=“Price”]9116490[/user] I don’t know what happened to the backpacks and helmet. I simply used the swap module composition from github and it seemed to work fine when I tested it with AI. Also that camo would have been perfect, why didn’t you say that earlier :stuck_out_tongue:

To touch a little on the mission, I tried to make the AI use suppression in a hope that I would be able to move them close to you. Also it’s an aspect I rarely see used (or feel is used at least) by the enemy in our missions. The first line was extremely hard for me as I the enemy could only really attack you from open ground where you killed them quickly without any problems. At the end I had to use mortars to push you back even though I hate those kind of cheaty GM tricks.

The other lines I felt like the AI could threaten you a little more and I think there was a good balance. Especially at the town where you did a really nice fallback maneuver. I was a bit hesitant about using armour as I’m always a little scared that it will be too hard, but in hindsight I think you could easily have handled a bit more.

Anyways I hope you all had fun!

Regarding the first line of defense, you could have sent boats to flank us from North, A2 went scouting a couple of times there but if we had enemies flanking us from North it would have felt a bit more like an advance instead of just mortar fire (which was realistic anyways), so just keep it in mind to spice things up.

One. More. Trench.

Good mission!

1. 1 hour 30 mins to late to mission start
  2. Joining server and waiting for reinsertion
  3. Get on the Field
  4. 30 sec later…

[center]"I don’t wanna go home where I’m just an ordinary human being
Special Op, Huey chopper gun ship, run shit
Gook run when the minigun spit, won’t miss
Kill shit, spit four-thousand bullets a minute"[/center]

[center]"Bang bang, bullet hit my chest, feel no pain
To my left, the Captain caught a bullet right in his brain
Body parts flyin’, loss of limbs, explosions
Bad intentions, I see my best friend’s intestines
Pray to the one above, it’s rainin’, I’m covered in mud
I think I’m dyin’, I feel dizzy, I’m losin’ blood"[/center]

I only had action instantly after joining my FT and it was really intense.
Overall to that i feel everyone performed well and the communication (in my ears) was decent, not to much, not to little.

I really enjoyed this mission
Thx Anders

My point of view as Alpha 1’s FTL: https://media.lastmikoi.net/player/20170825-CNTO-COOP_Fools_on_Parade.mp4

Expect miscommunications, Track-IR-tracked laugher and drinking, sudden deaths and an underwhelming start as BattleEye denied me to be inserted in time at the beginning.

[user avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/17128302/avatar/small.1476712345.jpeg” name=“Lastmikoi”]17128302[/user] at 1:36:15 and after you can see the guy who killed you on the ridge to the left. I’m still surprised how he got that close :stuck_out_tongue: