Hello, hello! I’m looking for some feedback about a CNTO persistent campaign. It would have features that resemble painting the map blue akin to antistasi and feature things such as logistics, hearts and minds of the local civilians, and rooting out an extremist militia. Some initial feedback on TS was positive, so I’d like to extend the discussion onto the forums. But there are many questions still left open that I would like this thread to be a point of discussion.
The year is 2013. Local extremist groups have banded together in the North West of Iraq under Sunni control, rejecting the regional, Shia government. You are a part of the newly formed Golden Division, sporting little less than a basic uniform, an AKM, and maybe a helmet. It is your job to secure the local countryside and villages, not just by shooting terrorists, but also by bolstering the civilian population. The more goodwill you achieve, the better off you will be in the eyes of the NATO coalition currently backing the Iraqi government, who will in turn support your efforts even more.
This persistent campaign is currently shaped not like antistasi where anyone can hop on without a zeus, but would require a game master to be present. Your gear and stats would be saved (until you die), although this can be recovered by friendlies. The main idea is that you are the beginning of a new military unit within the region, officially supported by NATO and the regional governmnet but starting out with next to nothing. It’ll take goodwill to secure new equipment as the local extremists have the same or worse gear than you.
The main, open questions are:
- Would you guys be interested in running this on sundays as a mini op?
- Should roles such as a commander be permanent (i.e. once a commander, always a commander, or be able to change upon death)
- Would you be interested in character progression? (Starting as a rifleman, but specialising into an autorifleman, then into a machine gunner etc.)
- If yes to the above, do you think there should be two currencies, one personal and one global, or a single global "supply" currency? In the event of two, one would be for the commander to secure things such as aid, vehicles, aircraft, fortifications, and friendly AI garrisons, while your own personal currency would be used to buy yourself better equipment. In the event of one, the commander decides ALL equipment to be purchased with said single currency.
- What map? Currently the thought is Anizay, but suggestions are welcome.
Here is an example of what my previous unit used to track player items and gear:
With any luck, all or most of this can be automated.
This idea has been suggested again and again over the past 6 months, especially once Jash rejoined (unfortunately he has dropped off the radar) but thanks to some help from our scripting god [user avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/13633351/avatar/small.1434890353.jpeg” name=“Freghar”]13633351[/user] and me possibly badgering R&D for some more help, I would like to make this a reality very soon™. Any and all feedback would be much appreciated!