Atmospheric Music and Soundtracks

Hello Guys

I’m a big fan of "Movie Soundtrack"s and any kind of "Atmospheric Music"!

Thanks to the "Walter "Heisenberg" White - Tribute" (SPOILER ALERT) i meet a Artist i never heard of… Zack Hemsey:
[youtube]6tsf5fTo9VI[/youtube]

Do you guys like this kind of Music or Soundtracks? If you do so, please share your favorites here…

I would be very happy to enlarge my knowledge of this kind of Artists etc.

dulabu

I love movie soundtracks. I’m very picky when it comes to atmospheric ones.

Soundtracks from Dead Man and Reservoir Dogs are my top.I can’t find any complete collection of Dead Man soundtrack on youtube, you’re going to have to download it to enjoy it fully.

[youtube]S0tkm-wc2PQ[/youtube]

There is only one anime I like and can watch in general. And the only reason is superb soundtrack. Even though it’s not a movie, I still would recommend anyone looking up the name Nujabes and listen to his tracks. He co-produced most of the soundtracks as far as I know (4 in total), and there are lots of his works in the soundtracks. (Weirdly enough, I really don’t like the opening song "Battlecry")

[spoiler=4 Soundtracks inside]
[youtube]w2XJey1YSGM[/youtube]

[youtube]sfGOsDg31mo[/youtube]

[youtube]c3fZ8LXNs_E[/youtube]

[youtube]zxBJDddQLdo[/youtube][/spoiler]

When it comes to atmospheric music, The Fountain can not escape the list of fantastic movie soundtracks, a little bit repetitive after a while, but it’s so beautiful. I love this song in particular:
[youtube]VUgC6215Gko[/youtube]

It’s sad, uplifting at times and then goes back into a tragedy feel. A true masterpiece by Clint Mansell

Another one is the opera in Hannibal, Vide cor Meum:
[youtube]j2Wv5AvqzfE[/youtube]

I really like the sound, but it’s not for everyone.
Ta ta,

• H.

Haha thx Ryujin …

I really like the reservoir dogs soundtrack … it just immediately remembered me at Guardians of the Galaxy

i will take the time to listen to the other tracks you have put in :smiley:

Thx you to Swipp

Never heard of "The Fountain"… it’s a beautiful tune and i can expand with it! Perfect

The Patrick Cassidy thing … i know it already but i don’t know from where (a War movie? "A Thin Red Line" maybe?) … i really like it!

Classic music has something special that i can’t find in other more Computer generated Music…

Its like all the Stuff from Ludovico Einaudi, Hans Zimmer and Howard Shore … it’s a little bit repetitive but it isn’t the kind of music you listen the whole day :wink:

Thx for your contribution

You should really check out Two Steps From Hell (epic music is what they call it) and the OST from The Secret World.
Or am I in the wrong genre? :slight_smile:

No, that’s perfect!
Two Steps From Hell i know already … they making a lot of music for Movie Trailers …
The Secret World i gona check out right now … thx

I know that a lot of the music has been removed from Youtube. But if you have Spotify, Google Play or something similar you should be able to find it there.

Then … is The Secret World a Game ? I found the Soundtrack for this game .

I would recommend the soundtrack to "Watchmen" excellent film and a great soundtrack

That is correct!

I actually played Little Green Bag on TS a while ago ! Amazing song !
I really enjoy the soundtrack from 28 weeks later, Would recommend the movie aswell. Its the second movie in the 28 … later series and its really awesome.

[youtube]ST2H8FWDvEA[/youtube]

O jeah …

One of my favorite movies… i like the mixed style but there is nothing better than old school tune from Simon and Garfunkel, Nina Simone or Jimi Hendrix

Thx

Hei Shiny

Great Tune thx, i forgot about this one …

even if i don’t like the first movie to much (maybe second is better?)

The second one is alot better. The first movie is an indy project and made a ton of money and they made the second movie with a bigger budget. Still waiting for the 3rd movie !

[quote user_id=“11355973” avatar=“https://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/11355973/avatar/medium.1413104263.jpeg” name=“Ryujin”]I love movie soundtracks. I’m very picky when it comes to atmospheric ones.

Soundtracks from Dead Man and Reservoir Dogs are my top.I can’t find any complete collection of Dead Man soundtrack on youtube, you’re going to have to download it to enjoy it fully.

[youtube]S0tkm-wc2PQ[/youtube]

There is only one anime I like and can watch in general. And the only reason is superb soundtrack. Even though it’s not a movie, I still would recommend anyone looking up the name Nujabes and listen to his tracks. He co-produced most of the soundtracks as far as I know (4 in total), and there are lots of his works in the soundtracks. (Weirdly enough, I really don’t like the opening song "Battlecry")

[spoiler=4 Soundtracks inside]
[youtube]w2XJey1YSGM[/youtube]

[youtube]sfGOsDg31mo[/youtube]

[youtube]c3fZ8LXNs_E[/youtube]

[youtube]zxBJDddQLdo[/youtube][/spoiler][/quote]

Finally i got some time to check the other stuff you recommended!

Dead Men… very special for my taste … but i think this (for me) quite disturbing mix between music and background sounds has something … good?! jeah i like some kind of… it’s special!

I love the Nujabes… fancy, groovy, chilling, perfect!

Thx man

Alex turner’s work on the soundtrack of "Submarine" is probably my favourite when it comes to movie soundtracks. Especially the lyrics are extremely well written in these feely tunes.

If you’re into thoughtful and symbolic filled #deep - movies i can suggest watching the movie too (or reading the book).

[youtube]d0yA0Q1l2jo[/youtube]

O guys … i forgot about something :

[youtube]FtTmiYA5D4k[/youtube]

for the guys who like Half Life … Black Mesa is a remake that you can play totally free! I have to recommend it to you guys it is AWESOME … the soundtrack of course to… brilliant thanks to Joel Nielsen’s good work!

Have a look at OST and Game

Awesome thread! Maybe video games and movies should be separated, there’s just SO MUCH good stuff.

[youtube]Uxg5W5wKvLE[/youtube]

[youtube]OO-vG8oPhhM[/youtube]

I very nearly forgot the Hotline Miami soundtrack…

[youtube]oKD-MVfC9Ag[/youtube]